This is another 'yesterday' post.
I worked yesterday 11am-5pm. I don't usually get to work the early shifts, I'm usually the closing girl, so it was a really nice change.
I got to eat supper with my parents. Roasted chicken, cranberries and the always fabulous hot wedges from Save-On. It was excellent because it was hot, fresh and not from the microwave. It's what I miss the most with everyone working and having places to be, we don't get to sit down together to eat. Plus I just love my mom's cooking. When mom cooks you get no fuss, good stuff served with style and finesse. She makes juggling several different things at once look easy. Plus there's just a 'feel' to her cooking. She's been doing it for years, day in day out, and it's a very thankless job. But she does it, we've never gone hungry. There's something really, really special about that. Mom's serving us. She's taking care of and blessing us. She's not doing it for the praise that she'll recieve, she's doing because we need to eat and she wants to bless us. I'm certain it was tiring sometimes, I know there were days when she didn't want to cook, but she did it anyways. That's really kind of awesome. I admire her for that and I love to eat the things that mom cooks.
I spent most of the rest of the evening home and by myself. I talked to Bethany for about an hour and a half.
I watched the last half of a movie called, 'She's The Man'. It was a good way to waste an hour or so but I don't know if the movie itself was really worth the watching. Cute sums it up pretty well.
I also watched a show on Natural Geographic channel about underwater colonies and the possibility of humans creating underwater cities. Kind of an interesting concept. Apparently if we set it up in the right place we could even group crops in green houses underwater. So if things with global warming starts to kick in and huge areas of the globe get covered in water we'll just use it to our advantage and live underwater. Gosh aren't we resourceful.
And that's pretty much all that happened yesterday. Pretty exciting stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment