Wednesday, September 3, 2008

September 3rd, 2008

I didn't work today so I started a new blog with the intention of writing short updates about my life.

I made beef terriyaki, a delightful dish to be served hot over rice and scoffed down without ceremony. My family and friends did exactly that. It was really good because all of the vegetables came from our garden, with the exception of the red peppers.

Elizabeth and Bethany came over and went for a short ride on the horses. Elizabeth loved it. Bethany was all talk until we actually got her up on the horse, then she was a bundle of nerves, but I think that she enjoyed it anyways.

We played Scrabble, Killer Bunnies, and Go (the board game I created for Bethany). Bethany won every game we played except Scrabble. I dominated the entire game of scrabble and won with 201 points. Elizabeth didn't win any, but she did entertain us with her charm. While playing board games we watched 'Gone Fishing' and ate marshmellows to our hearts content.

Elizabeth brought a camera and a roll of film so we spent a good amount of time making faces and experimenting with viewpoints. Hopefully they turn out, but even if they don't they're sure to be a source of amusement to Elizabeth, who is leaving Friday to go back to school.

I finished reading 'The Portrait of Dorian Gray'. It was an unusual book full of a lot of ideas and things to think about. I don't know if I agree with any of them, but it was interesting none the less.

And that's all of the stuff that stuck out in my head today.

Nicole.

No comments: