Thursday, September 11, 2008

September 11th, 2008

Today was good.

I had the day off and it was relatively warm so I got to spend time wandering around comfortably outside. The last few mornings when I go outside in the morning I’ve been meet by unusually excited dogs. I don’t know what’s got into them but I step out that door and they come running to meet me like the paparazzi at a red carpet event. I can’t say it’s not flattering to be held in such high regard but I do find it funny that they race to be first to sit at my feet. It makes me feel pretty special. So I feed them and then we all go for a run around the yard and a good walk through the fields. Then I come into the house and Bethany calls about 10 just to talk.

I also had time to just sit and read. I think I said a few days previous that I finished reading ‘The Portrait of Dorian Gray’. I decided that because it was a heavier book my next choice would have to be less weighty. So I’ve been reading ‘Emma’ by Jane Austen. So far I really love it. I love that in a lot of ways it’s predictable, but it’s predictable in a way that makes you excited to read on and see it happen. I love the purity and sweetness of the romance. It’s awesome and I’m really enjoying it.

I got to talk to my mom about my ‘options’ and all the things I’ve been considering lately. The fact that I have nearly a years worth of tuition saved up, but I’m restless and kind of uninterested in school. It felt really, really good just to rant and be heard. She offered some practical advice, some prayerful advice and a lot of comfort. It was really, really good. I needed to talk and I’m happy that the opportunity to talk to her just sort of happened ‘organically‘. Yup… REALLY good conversation, made me happy and peaceful.

Chris shot a deer tonight. Hunting season just started and he’s already bagged a big one. So he’s insanely excited. It’s a really big deer. If I knew how to put photo’s in here I totally would, he’s that proud of himself. It’s a 5 point, 6 if you count the brow tangs, or something like that, he was too excited to be concise.

Other than that not a whole lot happened. Right now I’m reflecting on and recording the events of the day while sitting on the counter, scrolling casually through my song list singing to my favourites. This is one of my favourites. It’s called ’Lead Me To The Cross’ and it’s sung by Hillsong United. I love it because when I asked God what I must do to see my perspective change, what must happen for me to start acting as a daughter and not as a slave he told me to go to the cross. So that was my prayer, ‘lead me to the cross’. If I understand what Jesus did at the cross, if I know the significance of it and what it means for me, then I will not be thinking as a slave but as a daughter.

Lead Me To The Cross

Savoir I come,
Quiet my soul,
Remember.
Redemption’s hill,
Where you’re blood was spilt
For my ransom.

Everything I once held dear
I count it all as loss
Lead me to the cross
Where you’re love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord, I lay me down.
Rid me of myself,
I belong to you.

Lead me,
Lead me to the cross.

Here I reside
Tempted and tried
Human
You’re word became flesh
Bore my sin and death
Now you’re risen

Everything I once held dear
I count it all as loss
Lead me to the cross
Where your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to you

Lead me
Lead me to the cross

To you’re heart
To you’re heart
Lead me to you’re heart
Oh, lead me to you’re heart

Lead me to the cross
Where you’re love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to you.

Lead me
Lead me to the cross

No comments: