Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September 10th, 2008

Work was good today. Very relaxed and low key. I was senior for a good part of the night but it was alright because I was working with Kendal and Alysha and they both know what they're doing. So I don't have to worry about things getting down because I just know they will be done. I know that I stress about things way too much, so it's nice to just relax and feel confident that everything's under control. I only had to work until 9 and that made the night seem so much nicer than usual.

I feel really restless and edgy. I feel like for now I am ultimately supposed to be in Quesnel but I would leap at the chance to take a few months vacation on the other side of the world. There's a huge world out there and I've got money in a bank acount tempting me to pack my bags and go see some of it. I know, I know, I know... It's for school and I've got to go back sometime, but it's seriously tempting. I would love to visit the middle east, Israel, Afghanistan and Egypt. It's appealing to me on so many levels. The fact that it's the literal place where God did amazing miracles and where Jesus lived out his life is only part of my over all attraction. I love archaeology and the middle east is literally a treasure cove. I would also love to go to Europe. To visit the Mackenzies in Scotland, to see Paris and St. Petersburg. To visit Germany and see first hand the concentration camps.

And that's just a start to the list of places that I would like to go and see. The thing is I wouldn't want to go by myself. I'd want to bring along a friend. Which was why when Elizabeth said she was considering taking a year off school to travel and asked if I would be willing to go with her I found myself seriously considering it. Not only would I be assured that it would be a lot of fun but I also know that the entire trip would, in some way, be about hanging out with God.

Elizabeth used to be the girl that I dragged into my crazy schemes. It used to be me saying, Elizabeth! Don't be so negative, we can totally do this! Can you just imagine what God could do in people's lives through something like that? It could be huge! We HAVE to try. And then she went away to Bible college and God made her bold, while I was getting toned down. That summer she convinced me that we could totally go on a road trip with absolutely no plans except to pray, listen and go where God told us to go, and just enjoy being in His company. It was an amazing trip. Our personalities have kind of evened out. So when she's over the top spontaneous, I'm grounded enough to have concerns. And when I'm gushing about one thing or another, she listens, considers and voices her concerns. Which is really good because if we didn't question each other we would be climbing blindly out of a lot of ditches.

So it's something I'm seriously considering, despite the fact that I feel like I'm stalling when it comes to going back to school. It's strange but a big part of me doesn't want to go back to school. I want to 'DO' something, I don't want to sit at a desk. I want to run wild, go crazy, see cool stuff and have fun. I can already hear Iris saying, then come visit me in Japan! But I'm not brave enough to travel to Japan by myself. I'm very proud of Iris for doing it, I think I tell just about every person I meet that I have a friend who's living in Japan, but I'm skeptical about going there myself. And, for no reason whatsoever, I have just about no desire to go to Japan. None. I never really have. Unless there was something really, really special and totally God appointed in Japan, I just would not want to go there. Sorry Iris, I don't think I'll be coming to visit, but I'll send you a package of Skittles in the mail with all of my love. :)

I guess it's anyone's guess where I'll be and what I'll be doing over the next year. I personally hope that I will get the chance to the leave the country for even a short time in the near future to shake away the restless feelings.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry it took me so long to respond to this. I've been thinking of you lately, but I forgot how to get here, and then I didn't have Internet, blah blah blah...you get the picture.

Fail!

Cool how you can read my thoughts, though. I think God wants you here. :P Not just saying that...or maybe I am? XD I just think that I'm closer to God here more than I ever was in Canada.

Eh...whatever. I'll forgive you one day. :P